Rockport in November

Check here for updates on MIJC Events.
Big D

Rockport in November

Post by Big D »

I know it is early but as I have not been wheeling and missed most of our runs this year I was wanting to know if this was going to be a one day trip? Most of the park is now closed and what is left could be done in less than a day unless the trails are wet. Let's start a post and kick it around, ok, I think I just started the post so start kicking, D.
DrDirt
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: John Bruder

Post by DrDirt »

Dr.Dirt will be hunting Bambi's daddy the weekend of 11/18, so I won't attend. Just a thought, I saw this post on an Indiana club site:

Redbird (the offroad park close to Dugger Indiana approx 210 miles from Peoria) is having a night ride on Nov. 11th. We will be charging 10.00 for
Sat. and 10.00 for Sun. For this you will be able to ride all day Sat. and Sat.
night, plus camp in the parking lot and ride all day Sun. Please come out and
help us make our last event of the season a big one.

Thanks,
Tony Lance, RMG & Illiana Off Roaders

If I can get someone else to go with me, I will go.....
2018 Rubicon JL 2 dr, 1947 CJ2A Street Cruiser, 1983 CJ7 The Original Dr. Dirt, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler / Home - Rural Metamora, Ill [/color]/
lhaas
MIJC Vice-President
MIJC Vice-President
Full Name: Larry Haas
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/larry-becky-haas/

Post by lhaas »

Is Wombles new park in Mo. open yet ?, might be a good time to check it out.
94 YJ 83 CHEROKEE
Big D

Post by Big D »

Hi Larry, I'll check it out and post :wink:
Big D

Post by Big D »

I havent got a reply yet but they are saying the grand opening is New Years Day. The club has that run on the list so if anyone plans on doing it they might want to go on line and get the speed pass, we did last year and it worked well. Josh and I have been to all the New Year runs and the weather has been good and the event a lot of fun. We are looking forward to this one at the new park and hope a lot of MIJC will be there. If you sign up now you can go the day before and spend the night at the local hotel and party with other off-roaders, check out the post on our site.
Fraser
MIJC Treasurer
MIJC Treasurer
Full Name: Fraser Yarker
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/u-z/yarker-fraser/

Post by Fraser »

well, I started a reply to ask if Rockport would be a good place to try out the j-truck again. Then I remembered there might be a wheelbase limit. So I went to the website and found the limit is 115". In stock form the wheelbase of a short bed J-truck is 119". I haven't measured mine, but since I'm using stock springs in close-to-stock locations, I guess my truck won't qualify. :cry:
1998 TJ (Wrangler) - usually driveable
19xx J-truck
Parts
Big D

Post by Big D »

Any ideas for this trip? If it is just for the day I might still go as I really need a " get-a-way ".
Big D

Post by Big D »

I just received a reply from Tom & Deb as they have been in Vegas. The grand oppening is New Years Day, so that won't do as a sub for the 18th trip.
letsroll

Post by letsroll »

I will go on the 18th. There and back same day for me.
Big D

Post by Big D »

It don't look like we have much interest in this one and I gotta say the weather don't either. I think I'll sit this one out, however, I might be up for a one-dayer to the Cliff's some time between now and New Years?
letsroll

Post by letsroll »

Cliffs would be good. I just got my trail rig running good and would like to get a couple runs in so I am ready for about anything. And mom says I can't go out and play by myself so .... :^)
lhaas
MIJC Vice-President
MIJC Vice-President
Full Name: Larry Haas
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/larry-becky-haas/

Post by lhaas »

Watching the weather it looks like lots of mud down there, maybe attica in Dec. will be better.
94 YJ 83 CHEROKEE