LBL Trip

Check here for updates on MIJC Events.
DrDirt
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: John Bruder

LBL Trip

Post by DrDirt »

Talked to Jerry O last night, he got a room reservation at the Fin n Feather Motel in Aurora. He said they only had a couple rooms left for that weekend.

Hey Kentucky Tom, if you are monitoring this channel, we will be down there Easter weekend.
2018 Rubicon JL 2 dr, 1947 CJ2A Street Cruiser, 1983 CJ7 The Original Dr. Dirt, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler / Home - Rural Metamora, Ill [/color]/
TSEJEEPERS
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

Yes we just made reservations at the Fin and Feather. The plan is to arrive sometime Thursday and wheel Friday, Sat., and leave sometime Sun. For info for places to stay see http://www.kentuckylake.org You can stay anywhere in Aurora all the places are close together.
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
KentuckyTom

Post by KentuckyTom »

Hi John!

Wow! Has a year gone by already? Amazing!

Sure, I woud LOVE to hook up with my good old MIJC Buds again.

I will be looking forward to it.

Tom
don bevfoden

Post by don bevfoden »

I'll see you all on Thursday night.
DrDirt

Post by DrDirt »

Hey Donnie, will we still recognize you with the Missouri hairdo, or are you sporting one of them Detroit Wise Guy do's now?????????????????
2018 Rubicon JL 2 dr, 1947 CJ2A Street Cruiser, 1983 CJ7 The Original Dr. Dirt, 1982 CJ8 Scrambler / Home - Rural Metamora, Ill [/color]/
don bevfoden

zzz hair doooo

Post by don bevfoden »

hmmm, lets see, should be the same "short" hair I had in MO. You'll know its me when the 47' long truck/trailer combo I'll be driving, blocks the sun.
DrDirt

Post by DrDirt »

LBL trip March 25-27

Looks like firm committments from Jerry O., Tom & Sallie, myself, Donnie B. and Kentucky Tom. Anyone else going to show up?
TSEJEEPERS
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

My brother Jim says that he is planning on going too. We need at least one mullet on the trip!
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
KentuckyTom

Post by KentuckyTom »

So, how many are we gonna have? I am anxiously awaiting our get together!

Don't know if anyone will be up for Buttpucker Gulch, but it has gotten tougher. It is more critical now to hit the "perfect" line. I haven't tried it since last fall, but I have seen some folks get pretty messed up in there.

Dogleg Hollow is still lots of fun, and the corner has been made much tougher by someone spining their tires and digging a hole. Also, that part where you have to lean way over to get around a tree is a little more of a thrill than it used to be.

I almost hope it rains or has recently rained when we are there, just so Blackhole Gully will be more fun to run. If it's dry, Blackhole is pretty boring, but if the sides are slick.... :)

Hope we have a good turn out. I'll take you guys to some fun spots.

Tom
DrDirt

Post by DrDirt »

Ky Tom, looks like about 4-6 of us coming from up north. Last I heard, the plan is to meet at the checkin office around 9 am Friday morning.

BTW, is the checkin office open now, or do we have to go to the museum to pay? John B.
KentuckyTom

Post by KentuckyTom »

The entrance shack will be manned, John, and they will be most happy to take your money. :lol:

We'l have a great time!

Tom
don bevfoden

directions care of John B.

Post by don bevfoden »

John B. I can't get your email address to work so here's my question: Map quest shows that I should take all of these pennyrile pkwy rd.s then ky-1682 to get to ky-68/80. Is this the best way, or are they better roads? This shows 524 miles from my house...9 hour drive (I'll make it faster-more throttle!!!!!!!). You can email me at dbevfoden@sbcglobal.net

I'll be leaving Thursday night around 10pm my time. should get my there around 6am Kentucky time.
KentuckyTom

Post by KentuckyTom »

Don:

Hope you don't mind my answering your question.

I assume your route from MI will take you through Louisville, whether you go through Indy or Cincy. From Louisville, you would drop down I-65 to Elizabethtown and take the Western Ky Parkway (now called Wendell Ford Parkway) to the Pennyrile Parkway. Take the Pennyrile Parkway south to Hopkinsville, exit 12, which is 1682. Go west on 1682 around the north end of Hopkinsville, until you come to HWY 68/80. Take a right, and head west on 68/80. Stay on 68/80 until you cross Barkley Lake. If you are going to the motel in Aurora, continue driving west across LBL and then across KY Lake. Bear to the right after crossing the lake, and this will take you right into Aurora.

If you are going straight to Turkey Bay, don't cross Ky Lake... that would mean you missed your turn. You want to take a left off of HWY 68 onto "The Trace," which is the main north-south road through LBL. This intersection will be about five miles after you cross Barkley Lake. There will be an old rusty fire tower right there where you turn. Go south on The Trace just a couple miles, and Turkey Bay will be on your right.

Tomster
don bevfoden

Post by don bevfoden »

Thank you for the directions. It looks like the best route. See ya Friday morning. I'll meet you at "the bay". P.S. I'll be staying at the Fin and Feather. As I understand it, I should get a room far far away from Tom and Sally. Please don't reply to that statement. I don't want to know why.
Duke Winch
Full Name: Steve Vohs
Member page: http://www.mijc.org/members/u-z/vohs-steve/

Post by Duke Winch »

:cry:

I will not be making the trip as I have to work. You all have fun and break an axle for me.

Duke
2000 TJ, D60s, 38" TSLs, 4:1 Transfer Case, 4 link rear, 3 link front, 9" stretch, hydro steering
Duke's Off Road...Where if you don't have an engineering problem, We'll design one for you!
Duke's Off Road Ranch - Closed for winter