Can I Go Along??

Check here for updates on MIJC Events.
dabomb5756

Can I Go Along??

Post by dabomb5756 »

Hi, i am 16, and i have 2 friends with jeeps. One is lifted 6 inches with 33's, the other 5 with 33's.

I have a ranger lifted 5 inches on 33's, and a stock YJ.

I have been wanting to sell my truck and lift my YJ and wheel it with you guys.

My question is, will i be able to keep up with you guys on trails with a 4cyl YJ w/ 4 inch susp lift, and 33 inch MT's?

Thanks.
Big D

Post by Big D »

You will need to regear your rig if it is a 4 cyl. and you have 33" tires in order to run anywhere and have fun. Check out some of the forums and maybe someone can help. :wink:
TSEJEEPERS
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Tom and Sally Evans
Member page: http://mijc.org/members/e-j/tom-sally-evans/

Post by TSEJEEPERS »

We have a couple members with 4 cyl. One locked front and rear and 35s and the other with 33 AT tires. They both do fine! You are welcome to come with us anytime. Be advised though some of the parks we go to you may need a adult signature too.
It's hip to be square!!! []lllll[] NVRDUN9 93 YJ SOA XJ spring stretch, High pinion 9" rear Detroit locker, Dana 44 front ARB locker, 4.56 gears, Sanden OBA, Warn M8274 winch, 36" Iroks, Turtle enterprises swing out tire carrier
Duke Winch
MIJC Member: Yes
Full Name: Steve Vohs
Member page: http://www.mijc.org/members/u-z/vohs-steve/

Post by Duke Winch »

dabomb

Welcome to the MIJC Forum. We all started out with stock Jeeps and went from there. I ran a TJ with 33" tires with stock gears, 3.07, for a trip or two and had a blast! The 4 banger comes stock with 4.10s so you'll do fine.

Looking forward to seeing ya on the trails ...

Duke
2000 TJ, D60s, 38" TSLs, 4:1 Transfer Case, 4 link rear, 3 link front, 9" stretch, hydro steering
Duke's Off Road...Where if you don't have an engineering problem, We'll design one for you!
Duke's Off Road Ranch - Closed for winter
dabomb5756

Post by dabomb5756 »

Actually, The tires are 32's, so i always lie and say 33's. heehe.

I think i will be fine with 32s and stock gearing/4cyl.

I am 16, and i dont need a ticket, and i am not too much of a speed freak.

My 2 friends both have jeeps on 33's with 4cyl and stock gears and they get around allright, so i guess i will be ok with an inch smaller in diameter, and my tires are lighter, and i only have 8 inch rims for less weight. So i think i can turn them alright.